PART D: You, the FAN

Something that I have very much enjoyed are the Writer Seminars! From watching each other’s interviews and interpretations of the author has been very amusing. These writer seminars have really introduced me to new authors and books to read. Reading has been one of my weaknesses but after these seminars I have been really inspired and can’t wait to read some more of these books.

MY WRITER’S SEMINAR!

For my Writer’s Seminar, my group and I chose Michael Grant. We chose him because there was just something about him that amused us all. Mr. Grant is a young adult fiction author, who has written over 150 books but most of them are co-authored with his wife. He is well known for his thriller series “Gone” and “BZRK”. His writing style is very simple as he likes to get right to the point. He doesn’t spend much time describing what’s going on or use symbolism in his books. Most of his writing is action based and his stories progress through conflict.

I have learned a lot about this author, Michael Grant; not only is he bald and cranky but he also uses a lot of dry humor which is what I really enjoy about reading his books. When there is a tense mood going on, he likes to lighten it up by adding some humor in his writing. I also learned from Mr. Grant that it takes talent to be a writer, in order to have this talent we need to read often and fall in love with reading, as reading is what fuels our energy for writing. I have also written a blog post on Michael Grant, which also has an emulation piece which you can check out here. 🙂

ANOTHER WRITER SEMINAR

Another Writer’s Seminar that inspired me would be Ellen Hopkins. She has a very unique style of writing as her books are written in a poetic form. There is no author who writes the way she does and this just makes her shine through as her own self. I learned from her that we should write what we please and not let others judge us. At first I was very scared to touch one of her books as they were really thick, but when I flipped through the pages, I saw that they weren’t full on huge chunks of paragraphs but instead were mini poems. I really want to read one of her books one day as the poetic verse really intrigues me. I think that reading one of her books will step up my reading game as the books I usually read are candies and this will be a challenge for me.

Photo Credits: http://ctffs.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/fa.jpg