My Symbolic Journey

At the beginning of the creative writing course, we got to learn about ourselves more by doing a writing exercise by Carl Jung. Before we started, we weren’t really told as to why we are doing this or what all this meant. At the end we found that each section we wrote meant something about our life. Here is my Symbolic Journey that I have chosen to share with the world today!

~~~

trail_path_sidewalk_walkway_macro_wood_trees_forest_woods_1920x1200

The world was a fairly large place filled with trees and bushes. I could hear the birds chirping and the sound of the waterfall. The farther I walked into the forest, the more trees I could see. As we got closer to the waterfall, there was mist flowing in my direction. There were bugs flying all around in my face. I just wish they would fly elsewhere as I hate bugs. The sky was a hue blue and the trees were like a giant to me. Its large branches and leaves provided a nice shade on the sidewalk for me, as the sun was shining bright in my eyes. It was a nice feeling being able to spend time in the forest with Mother Nature. Not having to think about anything but the fresh breeze coming towards my face.

There is a bear lying down in the middle of the forest. He is scratching his big fat belly, looking for some food to eat. His brown fur blends in with the tree trunks of the mighty forest, but not as well, as I can still see him. Fear starts running through my body. I am terrified of bears. I don’t know what to do since there’s no place I can hide. I am stuck in the middle of the forest, trapped by an old hungry bear. I keep walking slowly, trying not to draw attention to myself. I hope the bear doesn’t see me; I don’t want to be his lunch for the next few days.

I keep on walking and luckily the bear is gone. Maybe that was just a figment of my imagination. As I continued my stroll, I noticed something shiny on the sidewalk. It was a key that looked like it opens up a treasure chest. I got intrigued as I wanted to find the treasure chest filled with gold coins so I could become rich and famous.  I wondered if there was a treasure map near by, or if there was a pirate in the forest who happened to leave me a wonderful present. I hope he doesn’t come back to find the key, or me.

01ffd35b64a3b9ac264665e255d72e8f0110b24db3“There it is!” I yelled to myself, “The waterfall that I’ve been hearing all morning.” It keeps on flowing and flowing and never stops flowing. I used my hands as a cup and took a big long sip after a long walk in the woods. It tasted so fresh and rejuvenating to my body, like I have never tasted water before in my life. The waterfall’s water was as clear as mud. It was so clear that you could see the rocks at the bottom of the lake. There were no bugs or any garbage surrounding the lake, just the river flowing like it is supposed to be. Nature’s gift to the world, fresh free water!

After taking a big long drink of water, I noticed a cup just sitting by the rocks. I could of used that earlier to drink water. I picked it up and examined it. It was a very shiny miniature cup, the size of a shot glass; which looked like it was made out of gold. Shinier than the key I found earlier. I looked closely and saw some engravings on it; “P.P.” it says. What does it stand for? Who does it belong to? Maybe it belonged to the pirate that was here earlier, the one who dropped the key. I stuffed the cup in my bag and continued along my journey.

As I continued on my journey, I noticed that the amounts of trees were slowly shrinking and the forest came to an end; but the pathway still continued into the flat lands. There were no more trees or hills, just green grass and a sidewalk. The smell of the forest wasn’t as fresh as anymore. It was more of a polluting smell. I noticed that the sky wasn’t as blue anymore; it was getting a little darker and grayer than usual. There were some rabbits coughing and hoping to and fro. “What is it horrible place?” I wondered to myself.

Processed with VSCOcam with hb2 presetThe farther I walked away from the forest; I noticed a house like figure. The closer I got I could see some windows and a door covered with some cobwebs. I wonder if anybody lives in there. Maybe it’s the pirate’s house, and he’s keeps his treasure in there. It was a fairly small house that can probably fit a bed and a kitchen with a small toilet. It was a red house, with a blue door and a green roof. I tried knocking on the door to see if anyone was home, but no one answered. Maybe they were on vacation.

I will enter I decided. It looked like nobody was home and I do need the rest. I knocked on the door once again to make sure the house wasn’t occupied. No one answered so I twisted the doorknob to see if it would budge. Luckily, the door was unlocked and I entered the not so small house.

For a small house it was quite big on the inside. It was like a palace, three stories high, and so many rooms to explore. A room for every activity there was in the world, desserts, sports, arts and crafts, you name it. The house was a light castle sky blue. There were glass stairs and many windows, more than you possibly thought there was on the outside. There was even a crystal chandelier hanging from the roof and a water fountain when I walked in. Talk about “judging a book by its cover”.

Symbolic Analysis journeyI walked to the window and looked outside. It was nothing like I thought it would be. There wasn’t green grass and a sidewalk outside like where I was earlier. It was like a small village I saw from the highest building in the town. There were many small huts in the village and even an open marketplace where people went to trade goods. This was nothing like I’ve ever seen before.

Photo Credits: ME

http://www.wallpaperup.com/40709/trail_path_sidewalk_walkway_macro_wood_trees_forest_woods.html